In Tuscany, central Italy, amid hilly vistas and major art cities, are architectural treasures that tell the story and grandeur of ancient eras.
These are, in particular, exclusive historic properties, and wonderful luxury villas for sale that bear witness to architectural history: properties highly sought after by the “super-rich”, who are looking not only for a residence but for real-life experiences.
Historic villas in Tuscany are a fascinating and luxurious buying choice, especially for those investors looking for high-end properties featuring period architecture or super modern design.
This trend is particularly related to the growth of international billionaire clients buying assets, which we discussed in the new episode of our Dreamer Talks with Andrea Busoni, General Manager at Dreamer.
The exclusivity of Historic Italian Villas
Historic villas in Tuscany are authentic gems, often dating back to eras such as the Renaissance or Baroque when art and architecture reached extraordinary heights.
Luxury mansions are restored with attention and love of detail, preserving the elegance of the past without sacrificing modern conveniences. Sumptuous furnishings, period frescoes and enchanting gardens transform these properties into oases of luxury, where every corner tells an ancient story.
These period residences are not just prestigious homes: for the super-rich, buying a historic home in Tuscany is not just a real estate investment, but an entrance into an exclusive world.
Unique and prestigious properties are highly sought after for their architectural and historical features and for this reason also highly coveted.
Far from the hustle and bustle of daily life, these properties offer tranquility and privacy, allowing their owners to immerse themselves in the beauty of Tuscany in serenity.
Who are the “super-rich”?
Tuscany has always presented itself as a particularly desirable destination for investment in the world of Luxury Real Estate.
Indeed, offering scenic and historic-artistic beauty, it proves to be a very attractive Italian region for those making high investments in residential and other real estate.
These buyers, wealthy international and non-international entrepreneurs, are referred to as “super-rich”, high-net-worth individuals with great purchasing power.
This is an ever-expanding slice of the market, given also industry estimates that by 2026 there will be 40 percent more millionaires worldwide.
Potential clients looking for properties that fit their needs, such as luxury homes, fine properties, and historic residences. The luxury real estate market in Tuscany is growing steadily, with buyers from all over the world looking for properties that offer not only a place to live but a piece of history.
Cities such as Florence, Siena, and Pisa boast extraordinary cultural heritage, and the historic villas located in their vicinity become the very epitome of luxury in the real estate market.
For example, Villa Philipson, in the hills of Pistoia, whose purchase and sale negotiation was handled by Dreamer and concluded at the end of the year 2022.
But also, the Historic Castle of Cetona, in the province of Siena.
Historic villas in Tuscany are true treasures, period residences often purchased by super-rich clients seeking not just a home, but an architectural gem.
Features of a Renaissance Villa
These expensive houses, such as historic villas represent a unique and coveted category in the luxury real estate market, particularly suited to the sophisticated tastes and exclusive needs of the super-rich. These magnificent buildings, often steeped in history and culture, offer an unparalleled living experience, blending the charm of the past with modern comfort.
Here are some key elements that make historic villas so sought after by the super-rich:
- Authenticity and History. Historic villas date back to past eras, such as the Renaissance, Baroque, or Neoclassical periods. Their architecture, interiors, and exteriors testify to the artistry and design of historical eras. Luxury properties that testify to culture and tradition.
- Exclusivity and Privacy. Period residences are often located in prime locations, surrounded by expansive grounds and breathtaking landscapes. This offers privacy and exclusivity that are particularly attractive to the super-rich, who seek exclusive retreats. Thus, these are properties that allow them to enjoy extensive and well-maintained personal space.
- Location and Design. Owning a historic villa means living in an exclusive home characterized by marble floors, frescoes, high ceilings, and impeccable furnishings. Location, moreover, is key: properties are often located in scenic locations, such as hills with views, or the heart of the city, overlooking the most majestic monuments.
- Personalization. Many super-rich buyers desire not only to own a prestigious residence but also to create a space that reflects their personality and lifestyle. Historic villas often offer ample opportunities for customization, allowing new owners to adapt interior and exterior spaces according to their preferences and needs.
- Luxury services. These exclusive homes are accessorized with fine amenities, such as rooftop pools, spas, wine cellars, game rooms, private theaters, and dedicated service staff.
The high-net-worth individuals sometimes decide to purchase these prestigious properties not only to turn them into personal residences but also as an investment through short-term rental.
Dreamer project on Luxury Historic Mansions
Dreamer Real Estate, which has always been closely following market trends and major trends in real estate, is actively working on a project dedicated to historic villas.
Unique and hard-to-find properties, synonymous with excellence and a symbol of Italianness: a portfolio of exclusive properties that can be consulted within our Reserved Area.
These are under confidential negotiation luxury villas within our portfolio that often pique the interest of those high-net-worth individuals looking for unique and valuable villas.
Such as Villa Philipson, a magnificent property filled with artistic finishes and a park of more than 6 hectares of olive groves, vineyards and woods.
A €17 million deal that Dreamer completed in just three months.
The villa, which stands in the landscape of the Florentine hills as an emblem of the Renaissance style, is just one example of the luxury properties in our portfolio.
Another is the historic villa in Pistoia where Puccini composed La Bohème, which still has the Maestro’s original piano inside.
In conclusion, these mega mansions in Tuscany, as well as in other exclusive and sought-after locations, fascinate the “super-rich” because they combine history, luxury, uniqueness, and potential for personalization. They represent not just residences, but authentic living experiences marked by a glorious past and a present of pure sophistication.
Contact our team to get more information on these luxury mansions for sale.