Villa with Pool on the Hills of Florence
Luxury country villa with pool and olive grove in private panoramic position on the Florentine hills, about 15 km away from Florence. 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms Approx 7 hectares of land.
Villa il Fico is a stunning Tuscan country villa, in privileged panoramic position overlooking the Tuscan hills. The villa dates back to the 13th century and was originally built as a guard tower, hence the unique position.
The villa has been sympathetically renovated by Mr Gucci and Anna Stoylowitz in the 1990 to highlight its original features, resulting in an elegant and welcoming home, true to its heritage.
It includes about 7 hectares of land with olive groves and panoramic landscaped gardens designed by Pietro Porcinai.
The location is private but not isolated and it’s close to Florence and all major Tuscan attractions (Chianti, Siena, Montepulciano, Val d’Orcia and Pisa), and with easy access to all major routes and transport links.
465 sqm approx. consisting of main house and attached independent studio annex, gardens, olive groves, saltwater swimming pool, outbuildings.
Main House: arranged on three levels
150 sqm terracotta tiled patio with a stone-built pizza oven leads to the main entrance and into the formal dining room
– large bright formal dining room with antique fireplace
– spacious living room with antique fireplace, floor-to-ceiling windows and glass door with access to the terrace/solarium
– panoramic terrace/solarium (60 sqm) with uninterrupted views over the Tuscan countryside
– further dining room with glass door access to the back garden (via a stairway)
– service bathroom/powder room with toilet and basin
– utility room
– fully equipped kitchen with log-burning stove and door leading out to the patio area at the front
the ground floor features an original gothic stone-built arch dating back to the 13th century, and stairway leading to first floor
accessed by the sandstone stairway leading to a spacious landing
– double bedroom with wooden boiserie, air-conditioned
– single bedroom, ensuite (with walk-in shower)
– master bedroom/suite, air-conditioned and ensuite (with Jacuzzi tub) and with walk-in closet
– further double bedroom, air-conditioned
– 3 bathrooms (2 are en-suite with master bedroom and single bedroom and one is detached, with bath tub), all finished with rose Portugal marble and luxury fittings
All bedrooms have built in storage.
accessed via a stairway, with white built-in ample storage and wardrobes.
The house features sandstone paving and original wooden beams, walls are finished with Venetian plaster in pastel hues.
Breathtaking views of the Tuscan hills can be enjoyed from every room of the house
Separate heating room with new pellet heater and two boilers 300 L each and separate laundry/service room for washing machine and dryer and storage are attached to the main house, and independently accessed from the garden.
Delightful studio with private entrance, with all-white elegant decor, featuring a double bed, a living room area with fireplace and built-in shelves, bathroom, air-con and private patio.
Approx 7 hectares of fenced land consisting of landscaped gardens (designed by Pietro Porcinai), patio area, olive groves and fruit trees with breathtaking panoramic views. Swimming pool (8,5 m x 14 m large, and 1,70 m to 3,40 m deep) operated by a saltwater purifying system. Large modern sun loungers and glass tables. Three areas equipped with gazebos, on three levels following the terraced garden provide private tranquil spots for relaxation or entertaining. Garage with automatic gate. Small glasshouse/winter garden. Agricultural building.
The property is completely fenced and accessed via two cast iron automatic gates.
New roof. New pumps and cover for swimming pool. Heating and hot water provided by either pellet heater and GPL boiler, both recently fitted. Hot water is also provided by solar panels, also recently fitted. The property has its own well providing water (of great quality).
Perfect condition, ready to move in.